Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Skeleton Facepaint

 
So naturally when I can't sleep at 3am, the first thing I think of doing is painting my face skeleton like... I had gathered quite a few skeleton makeup images for my college research & wanted to try it out on myself before doing my friends for halloween.  I used a pencil eyeliner to outline the areas I was going to fill in and then used the greasepaint palette in our kit along with black & grey eyeshadows to smudge and contour to give the face a little depth instead of it looking very flat.
 
 
 
I took inspiration from a few images of Rick Genest (above), who most people will know as the 'skeleton guy' in Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' music video & also from Mademoiselle Mu's makeup work on this photoshoot: http://www.designswan.com/archives/she-has-waited-too-long-skeleton-makeup-girl-by-pauline-darley.html  
 
Overall quite chuffed with the first outcome and looking forward to practicing this look on friends and in class.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment